Guilin North Railway Station is a principal station that was opened for service in 1999.It’s located at the intersection of the Hunan–Guangxi railway and Guiyang–Guangzhou railway lines.
Guilin North Railway Station
- Name in Chinese: 桂林北站, Guìlín Běi Zhàn
- Address: 6 Zhanqian Road, Diecai District (叠彩区站前路6号)
- Station size: 9 platforms and 18 railway lines
The Layout of Guilin North Railway Station
There are three commonly-used sections at Guilin North Railway Station: the main building, ticket building, and East Square.
The main building has two floors, with both waiting rooms and boarding gates found on both floors.
However, the platforms are only located on the first floor, so if you check in on the second floor, please follow the signs to reach the specific platform on the first floor.
A waiting room at Guilin North Railway Station
The main facilities available in each section of Guilin North Railway Station are:
- First floor: platforms, security checks, ticket windows, waiting rooms, boarding gates, toilets, water fountains
- Second floor: waiting rooms, convenience stores, boarding gates, toilets, water fountains
- East Square: parking lot
How to Collect Tickets at Guilin North Railway Station
There is an independent ticket building on the right-hand side of the main hall. Passengers need to go there to collect their tickets before entering the hall as all tickets are checked before entrance to the main hall is allowed.
Follow these simple steps to collect your tickets at Guilin North Railway Station:
- After arriving at the station, please walk along the aisle until you arrive at the security check.
- After having the security check, you will see the ticket building directly on the right. All passengers need to show their passport(s) and collection number(s) to collect their paper tickets.
China Railway Express (中铁快运)
China Railway Express is a national logistics company in China and is another way to consign your baggage.
Different from consigning baggage at train stations, it is faster and safer to consign your baggage via China Railway Express, and you’re given a greater allowance.
Learn how to consign your baggage by reading Baggage Rules of China Railway.
The China Railway Express office at Guilin North Railway Station is on the left-hand side of the security check.
You can ask the station staff for help if you can’t find it. The following sentence may help when asking:
(“Hello, I want to consign my baggage.”)
Transportation Around Guilin North Railway Station
There are two bus stops in close proximity to Guilin North Railway Station.
One is for buses traveling from the downtown area to Guilin North Railway Station and the other one is for buses traveling from Guilin North Railway Station to the downtown area.
Walk along the aisle in front of the station to find them.
- Ticket fare: 2 yuan
- Available buses: numbers 1, 32, 100, and 302
There’s a taxi stand near Guilin North Railway Station. After leaving the station’s exit, walk straight on for about 1 minute. You will find many shops, and the taxi stand is beside them.
The general rate is 9 yuan for the first 2 kilometers. It’s recommended to ask for an estimated price first because some taxi drivers in Guilin may raise the price if you are a foreigner.
Guilin North Coach Station
At present, there are no trains running to some counties and remote attractions in Guilin, such as Ziyuan County, Longsheng County, and Guanyang County.
Therefore, it’s recommended for travelers to take a coach from Guilin North Coach Station to get to these places.
It takes about 15 minutes to get to Guilin North Coach Station from Guilin North Railway Station:
- Walk along Jinhe Road (金河路) for about 600 meters.
- Turn right at the traffic lights into Beimao Road (北贸路) and keep going for about 200 meters. You will find Guilin North Coach Station on the opposite side.
If you need any help, you can show this sentence to a passerby:
Hello, could you please tell me how to get to Guilin North Coach Station?
Popular Railway Routes from Guilin North Railway Station
Hunan–Guangxi High-Speed Line (湘桂铁路)
- Length: 1,013 kilometers
- Average speed: 250 kph
- Fare (for the whole route): 98 yuan for a second class seat, 117.5 yuan for a first class seat, 293.5 yuan for a business class seat
- Major cities in the route: Nanning, Guilin, Hengyang, Changsha
Yuelu Mountain, Changsha
There’s only one high-speed train, which is numbered G436, from Guilin North Railway Station to Changsha. If you want to book this train, please purchase your tickets 30 days in advance.
Train information: G436 Guilin North – Changsha South, 08:00–11:23
Recommended attractions: Tianxin Ge (天心阁), Xiangjiang (湘江), Orange Islet (橘子洲头), Yuelu Mountain (岳麓山)
Recommended trains: G436 (08:00–10:38), D3499 Guilin North – Hengyang East (19:06–21:37)
Recommended attractions: Mount Heng (衡山), Paradise Hill (天堂山), Cai Lun Bamboo Sea (蔡伦竹海)
Guiyang–Guangzhou High-Speed Line (贵广高铁)
The Huangguoshu Falls, Guizhou
- Length: 861.7 kilometers
- Average speed: 300 kph
Guilin North – Guiyang East: D1792 (10:33–13:16) — 129.5 yuan for a second class seat, 155 yuan for a first class seat
Guilin North – Guiyang North: D3566 (13:03–15:44) — 132.5 yuan for a second class seat, 159 yuan for a first class seat
- Major cities in the route: Guiyang, Guilin, Guangzhou
- Recommended attractions: the Huangguoshu Falls (黄果树瀑布), Xijiang Hmong Village(西江苗寨), Libo (荔波）
Read more information about travel and transportation in Guangzhou, please click Shenzhen North Railway Station.
Bullet Trains to Guilin North Railway Station
|Routes||Duration||Second Class Price|
Changsha Nan – Guilin North
Wuhan – Guilin North
Guangzhou South – Guilin North
Shenzhen North – Guilin North
Guiyang North – Guilin North
Kunming South – Guilin North
Yangshuo – Guilin North
Getting to Other Places from Guilin North Railway
How to Go to Guilin Liangjiang International Airport from Guilin North Railway Station
There’s a hotel named “幸福挺至尊酒店” Xinfuting Zhizun Hotel near Guilin North Railway Station where you can purchase a bus ticket and travel straight to the airport.
Ten buses operate daily from that location to Guilin Liangjiang International Airport.
- Times: 07:30, 09:30, 10:30, 11:30, 13:00, 14:30, 15:30, 16:30, 17:30, 18:30
- Ticket fare: 20 yuan
Follow these steps to go to the airport:
First, walk along the aisle in front of the station.
Second, walk across the street and you will see the hotel’s sign "幸福挺至尊酒店".
How to Go to Yangshuo County
You can simply take a high-speed train to get to Yangshuo from Guilin North Railway Station. The journey takes about 25 minutes.
Ticket fare:20.5 yuan for a second class seat, 25 yuan for a first class seat, 62 yuan for a business class seat
The Huangguoshu Falls, Guizhou
How to Go to Longsheng County (Longji Rice Terraces)
Longsheng is renowned for the stunning Longji Rice Terraces and is one of the most beautiful towns in China. Travelers go there to experience the minority cultures and to appreciate the natural beauty. When you visit the Longji Rice Terraces, don't miss the gorgeous sunrise.
Steps for traveling to the Longji Rice Terraces from Guilin North Railway Station:
- Take bus 1 from the bus stop at Guilin North Railway Station to Guilin North Coach Station.
- Buy a coach ticket to Longsheng (龙胜). The ticket fare from Guilin North Railway Station to Longsheng is 40 yuan, and it takes about 3 hours to get there.
- After getting on the coach, please tell the driver you want to get off at the Ticket Service Center at the Longji Rice Terraces.
- Buy an entrance ticket to the Longji Rice Terraces. (The ticket includes a round-trip bus fare between the terraces and the Ticket Service Center, where you can take a coach back to the downtown area of Guilin.)
Here are some useful sentences, which may help you during your journey:
To the coach driver: “您好， 我要在龙脊梯田售票中心下车。”
“Hello, I want to get off at the Ticket Service Center at the Longji Rice Terraces.”
To the ticketing assistant: “您好，我要买一张龙脊梯田景区门票。”
“Hello, I’d like to buy an entrance ticket to the Longji Rice Terraces.”
You are also welcome to book Chinese train tickets and get authentic traveling tips with China Train Booking App: