Taiyuan Railway Station
Taiyuan City is the capital city of Shanxi Province. It’s renowned as a cultural and historical city. In fact, it’s also an excellent tourist destination.
Taiyuan Railway Station is located in Yingze District, which is the city center of Tiayuan City. Opened in 1907, the station is a principal station, which functions as the transportation hub for the railway lines of Shijiazhaung-Taiyuan, Taiyuan-Jiaozuo, Taiyuan-Zhongwei. Passengers can go to Pingyao Ancient Town and Datong Yungang Grottoes from Taiyuan conveniently.
Taiyuan Railway Station has 5 platforms and 12 lines, with a total construction area of 138,207 square meters. After renovation, the east square has been basically completed with a bus stop, taxi waiting area on the ground, underground with a parking garage. The east station building is planned to have an elevated drop-off area. Taxi stand is located on the south side of the ground square, waiting area and pick-up area. Located on both sides of the platform, taxis queue up in the waiting area can avoid traffic congestion and reduce the waiting time.
- Station name in Chinese:太原站
- Station address: Jianshe South Road, Yingze District
- Chinese address: 迎泽区建设南路
- Nearby transportation: buses, taxis
- E-ticket Service: Yes
Taiyuan Railway Station Map
Taiyuan Railway Station is in Yingze District (迎泽区), which is the city center of Taiyuan City.
Check the below online map now.
Check online Chinese map by using our China Train Booking app.
Popular Trains from Taiyuan Railway Station
hard-seats on normal speed train
- Taiyuan-Xi'an: Three are 3 normal-speed trains run from Taiyuan Railway Station to Xi'an Railway Station each day. The journey takes about 10 hours and costs 178 yuan per hard sleeper ticket.
- Taiyuan–Beijing: Three normal-speed trains run from Taiyuan Railway Station to Beijing West Railway Station each day. The journey takes about 6 hours and costs 158 yuan per hard sleeper ticket.
- Taiyuan–Shanghai: There are 3 normal-speed trains from Taiyuan Railway Station to Shanghai Railway Station daily. The journey takes about 20 hours and costs 304.5 yuan per hard sleeper ticket.
- Taiyuan–Datong: About 8 normal-speed trains go from Taiyuan Railway Station to Datong Railway Station. The journey takes about 5 hours and costs 89.5 yuan per hard sleeper ticket.
- Taiyuan–Pingyao: 7 normal-speed trains head to Pingyao Railway Station from Taiyuan Railway Station. The journey takes about 2 hours and costs 16.5 yuan for a hard seat ticket.
Layout of Taiyuan Railway Station
Taiyuan Railway Station has a three-story main building, and an east square.
F3: waiting area, toilets, specialty stores, restaurants, hot drinking water, restaurants
F2: waiting rooms, service desk, toilets, specialty stores, hot drinking water
F1: ticket offices, waiting rooms, luggage storage service, toilets, hot drinking water, restaurants
What to Eat at Taiyuan Railway Station
Shanxi Sliced Noodles
For Western-style food, you can find Mcdonald's and KFC on F1 and F3.
Shanxi Province is famous for noodles. For local Chinese food, the sliced noodles shop on F1 called Kongfu Sliced Noodles (功夫刀削面) recommended. You can also try Tiayun gourmet such as Oats Noodles (莜面), Orecchiette (猫耳朵面)…
Taiyuan has a warm temperate continental monsoon climate with an average annual temperature of 10 ℃. It has sufficient sunshine but little rainfall.
The average temperature of spring: 18℃
The average temperature of summer: 21℃
The average temperature of spring: 9℃
Transports Around Taiyuan Railway Station
Name: Taiyuan Railway Station
Available buses: 1, 6, 9, 10, 11, 55, 804, 308, 602, 830, 861, 869, 866, 606, 618, 619, 825, 829, 859, 812, 820, 502, 830, 861, 23, 201, 901, 902, 101, 102, 105, 870
Here are some popular bus routes:
• Bus 1: to Taiyuan University of Technology
• Bus 830: to Taiyuan Zoo
• Bus 606: to Heping Park
• Bus 619: to Taiyuan East Coach Station
• Bus 861: Taiyuan South Railway Station
The location of the taxi stand: in front of the main building
Starting price: 8 yuan
Getting to Other Places from Taiyuan Railway Station
To Jinci Park, 25 Kilometers
>>> By bus
Take bus 308/804 at Taiyuan Railway Station, and get off at Jinci Park.
This journey takes about 1 hour 50 minutes and costs 2 yuan.
>>>By taxi: The journey takes 40 minutes and costs about 68 yuan.
To Taiyuan South Railway Station, 12 Kilometers
>>> By bus
Take bus 861 at Taiyuan Railway Station, and get off at Taiyuan South Railway Station.
This journey takes about 1 hour and costs 3 yuan.
>>>By taxi: The journey takes 18 minutes and costs about 20 yuan.
To Taiyuan Wusu International Airport, 17 Kilometers
>>> By bus
Take bus 201 at Taiyuan Railway Station and get off at Taiyuan International Airport.
This journey takes about 1 hour 30 minutes and costs 2 yuan.
>>>By taxi: The journey takes 22 minutes and costs about 29 yuan.
Booking Your Train Tickets
You are always welcome to use our China Train Booking app to get your tickets within 3 minutes. We will make the process of booking a train ticket quite easy for you. Payment is also safe and convenient via credit card, PayPal, WeChat, and Alipay.