Chengdu East Railway Station is located in Chenghua District.
Chengdu East Railway Station
- Name in Chinese: 成都东站 (Chéng Dū Dōng Zhàn)
- Station address: Qingyijiang Road, Chenghua District (成都市成华区青衣江路)
- Station size: 14 platforms, 24 railway lines
The Layout of Chengdu East Railway Station
There are three main parts to Chengdu East Railway Station: the main building, East Square, and West Square.
The two squares both have parking lots, and there is a long-distance coach station near East Square.
There are five floors in the main building: F3, F2, F1, -F1, and -F2.
- F3: waiting area
- F2: platforms
- F1: arrivals
- -F1 and -F2: subway
Collect Train Tickets at Chengdu East Railway Station
If you drive or take a taxi to the station, you will be dropped off at F3, where the entrance doors are located.
1. Enter Chengdu East Railway Station
There are four entrance doors located on all sides of the station and you need to go through the security check to enter the station. For more information, read Baggage Rules of China Rail.
2. Collect Your Ticket(s)
There are about 70 ticket windows distributed on two sides of the station. Please hand in your passport(s) and collection number(s) to get your ticket(s).
After getting your ticket(s), find the nearest waiting area to your boarding gate to wait for your train.
Transportation Around Chengdu East Railway Station
Available subway lines: Metro Line 2, Metro Line 7
The subway station is on -F1. If you get off the train on F1 (arrivals), you just need to follow the signs to reach the subway station.
Chengdu East Long-Distance Coach Station (成都长途客运东站)
It is located in the south part of Chengdu East Railway Station, near East Square. Passengers can take coaches to some counties and districts in Chengdu.
- Longquanyi District (龙泉驿): 08:10 – 19:50, 2 h 20 min/coach
- Qingbaijiang District (青白江): 09:00 – 19:30, 2 hours/coach
- Dujiangyan (都江堰): 10:30 – 14:00, two coaches/day
- Pi County (郫县): 09:00 – 13:00, two coaches/day
Both East Square and West Square have bus stations.
Available buses: 2, 4, 38, 40, 91, 101, 121, 146, 147, 317, and 817
If you take a taxi to Chengdu East Railway Station, you will be dropped off in front of the station’s entrance.
If get off the train at Chengdu East Railway Station, just follow the signs on the arrivals floor (F1) to find the taxi stand where you need to queue up to take a taxi.
Here is a translation you might need:
(“Hi, please take me to Chengdu East Railway Station.”)
Popular High-Speed Routes from Chengdu East Railway Station
- To Emeishan (Mount Emei): There are 9 high-speed trains running from Emeishan to Chengdu East Railway Station operating from 06:18 to 19:02.
It takes about 1 h 30 min and costs 65 yuan for a second class seat.
- To Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station: There are five high-speed trains running from Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station to Chengdu East Railway Station operating from 07:12 to 10:57.
It takes about 14 hours and costs 606 yuan for a second class seat.
- To Beijing West Railway Station: There are three high-speed trains running from Beijing West Railway Station to Chengdu East Railway Station operating from 09:53 to 15:01.
It takes about 9 hours and costs 778.5 yuan for a second class seat.
- To Chongqing West/North Railway Station: There are over 20 high-speed trains running from Chongqing West/North Railway Station to Chengdu East Railway Station operating from 06:43 to 21:42.
It takes about 2 hours and costs about 146 yuan for a second class seat.
- To Xi’an North Railway Station: There are over 20 high-speed trains running from Xi’an North Railway Station to Chengdu East Railway Station operating from 08:14 to 18:58.
It takes about 3½ hours and costs 263 yuan for a second class seat.
- To Guilin West/ Guilin East Railway Station: There are 11 high-speed trains running between Guilin and Chengdu East Railway Station operating from 06:53 to 14:14.
It takes about 7 hours and costs about 351.5 yuan for a second class seat.
Getting to Other Places from Chengdu East Railway Station
To Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport, 23.4 Kilometers
Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport
- By Taxi
It takes about 30 minutes and costs about 60 yuan.
- By Subway
1. Take Metro Line 7 and get off at the Taipingyuan stop (太平园).
2. Take Metro Line 10 and get off at the Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport stop.
3. Leave the subway station from Exit A.
- By Airport Express
Follow the signs at the station to get to the airport express station and take express line 3.
Here are some translations you might need:
- To the taxi driver: “你好，请载我去成都双流国际机场。”
“Hi, please take me to Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport.”
“Hi, could you please tell me where the subway station is?”
“Hi, could you please tell me where I can take the airport express?”
To Chengdu (North) Railway Station, 12.7 Kilometers
Chengdu Railway Station is also called Chengdu North Railway Station. It is an old railway station located in the city center.
- By Taxi
It takes about 25 minutes and costs about 35 yuan.
- By Subway
Take Metro Line 7 and get off at Chengdu North Railway Station.
To Chunxi Road (春熙路), Jinjiang District (锦江区), 7.4 Kilometers
Chunxi Road's landmark: “Panda Climbing the Building”
Chunxi Road is the most famous and bustling road in Chengdu. It is located in Jinjiang District, which is where many other famous attractions are located, such as Chunxi Road, Daci Temple, and IFS (International Finance Square).
- By Taxi
It takes about 26 minutes and costs about 20 yuan.
- By Subway (Recommended)
Take Metro Line 2 and get off at the Chunxi Road stop. It takes about 20 minutes.
To Qingyang District (青羊区), 12.1 Kilometers
Qingyang District is also called Xicheng District and is one of the central districts in Chengdu.
This district has a long history and, therefore, many historical attractions are located there, such as Dufu's Thatched Cottage, Qingyang Palace, and Wenshu Temple.
- By Taxi (Recommended)
It takes about 40 minutes and costs about 30 yuan.
- By Subway
There is no direct subway train to Qingyang District from Chengdu East Railway Station.
1. Take Metro Line 2 and get off at the Tianfu Square stop.
2. Take Metro Line 1 from Tianfu Square and get off at the Wenshu Temple stop.
3. Leave the station from Exit B.
Book Train Tickets to Chengdu with Our App
You are welcome to book your China train ticket(s) with our China Train Booking app to get your ticket(s) within 5 minutes!
You might be also interested in reading: