Gulangyu Island, Xiamen
Xiamen Railway Station is in the city center. It is the nearest station to Gulangyu Island (the most famous scenic spot in Xiamen), only 6 kilometers away.
It serves both high-speed and normal-speed trains, and in 2018, it started operating bullet trains to Hong Kong West Kowloon Railway Station.
- Chinese station name: 厦门站 (xià mén zhàn)
- Address:28 MinzXiahe Road no.900, Wucun Street, Siming District
- Chinese address: 思明区梧村街道厦禾路900号
- Station size: five platforms and nine lines
- Nearby transport: subway, bus, long-distance coach
Xiamen Railway Station Map
There are three railway stations in Xiamen: Xiamen Railway Station is on Xiamen Island, close to the city center; Xiamen Gaoqi Railway Station is also on the island but in a suburb; Xiamen North Railway Station is off the island.
Use our China Train Booking app for free to check the online map on your smart phone anytime, anywhere!
Popular Trains to/from Xiamen Railway Station
- Xiamen – Hong Kong: There are three high-speed trains G3003 (10:15 – 14:51), G3007 (14:53 – 19:25), G3005 (17:09 – 21:42) operating from Xiamen Railway Station to Hong Kong West Kowloon Railway Station. It costs 258.5 yuan for a second class ticket.
- Xiamen – Quanzhou: There are 18 high-speed trains operating from Xiamen Railway Station to Quanzhou Railway Station. It takes about 50 minutes and costs 34 yuan for a second class ticket.
- Xiamen – Shanghai: There is one normal-speed train K1210 (10:08 – 09:06) operating from Xiamen Railway Station to Shanghai Railway Station. It takes about 23 hours and costs 288.5 yuan for a hard sleeper ticket.
- Xiamen – Shenzhen: There are eight high-speed trains operating from Xiamen Railway Station to Shenzhen North Railway Station. It takes about 4 hours and costs 183.5 yuan for a second class ticket.
- Xiamen – Beijing: There are two normal-speed trains operating from Xiamen Railway Station to Beijing West Railway Station . It costs 408-426 yuan for a hard sleeper ticket.
- Xiamen – Hangzhou: There are two high-speed trains and one normal-speed trains operating from Xiamen Railway Station to Hangzhou/ Hangzhou East Railway Station . It takes about 6–20 hours and costs 148.5–342 yuan for a second class/hard sleeper ticket.
Kaiyuan Temple in Quanzhou
Check all timetables and book Chinese train tickets on China Train Booking app.
The Layout of Xiamen Railway Station
Xiamen Railway Station is divided into two parts: the south station building and north station building. The first floors of the two buildings are partitioned by station platforms, and the second floors are linked together.
There are two station entrances: the North Entrance (near Xiahe Road) and the South Entrance (near Zhannan Road). Passengers are required to enter the station from the correct entrance:
- For high-speed trains (G/D): enter the station at the North Entrance
- For normal-speed train (T/Z/T): enter the station at the South Entrance
- Below is the detailed information about each floor of Xiamen Railway Station:
- F1: station entrance, ticket office, waiting area, boarding gates 1 and 8
- F2: waiting area, boarding gates 2-7
Service Facilities at Xiamen Railway Station
- Public Security Accreditation Center: offers temporary ID certificates in case you accidentally lose your ID documents.
- Xiao Bai Lu Service Station (小白鹭服务台): offers tourist/transport information, assistance for disabled/indisposed passengers, and lost belongings service, etc.
Other Transport Near Xiamen Railway Station
There is a subway station at Xiamen Railway Station, with two metro lines:
- Xiamen Metro Line 3
- Xiamen – Zhangzhou R3 Line, serving the interurban railway between Xiamen and Zhangzhou.
There are four bus stops near Xiamen Railway Station:
- Railway Station South Square Stop (火车站南广场站), in Xiamen Railway Station’s South Square.
- Railway Station Stop in North Square.
- Wucun Stop on the basement floor, directly north of Xiamen Railway Station.
- Railway Station Bus Stop (Hudong) at the intersection of Hubin East Road (湖滨路) and Xiahe Road (厦禾路)”.
There are two taxi stands outside the North Exit and South Exit respectively.
- Starting fare: 10 yuan / 3 kilometers
- Day price: 2 yuan per kilometer
- Night price: 20% extra from 11pm to 5am.
To the north of Xiamen Railway Station, there is a long-distance coach station called Wucun Coach Station (梧村汽车站). You can take a coach there to some small county towns and other places in Fuzhou Province, such as Zhangzhou, Longhai, Changtai, and Quanzhou.
Getting to Other Places in/Near Xiamen from Xiamen Railway Station
To Xiamen North Railway Station, About 23 Kilometers
>>> By taxi: This journey takes about 35 minutes and costs about 80 yuan.
>>> By Subway: Metron Line 1, 18 stops
1. Leave the train station and walk to Hubin Road (湖滨南路). (about 1 kilometer)
2. Reach the Hubin East Road Subway Station (湖滨东路站) and take Metro Line 1.
3. Get off the subway at Xiamen North Railway Station and leave from Exit 4.
To Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport, About 12 Kilometers
>>> By taxi: This journey takes about 25 minutes and costs about 40 yuan.
>>> By Subway: Line 4 → Line 1, 14 stops.
1. Walk from the train station to Xiamen Plaza (Hotel), about 60 meters.
2. Find the airport express stop near the hotel and take a bus to the airport.
To Gulangyu Island, About 6.5 Kilometers
>>> By taxi + cruise ship
1. Take a taxi from Xiamen Railway Station to Xiagu Port Cruise Center (邮轮中心厦鼓码头, about 20 minutes, costing 20 yuan)
2. Buy a cruise ticket to Gulangyu Island. It takes about 20 minutes to get there. (Ticket fare: 35 yuan/person)
To Xiamen University, About 7 Kilometers
>>> By taxi: This journey takes about 20 minutes and costs about 20 yuan.
>>> By bus: Bus 857, 15 stops
1. Go to the Railway Station Bus Stop (Hudong) and take Bus 857.
2. Get off at Xiamen University Xicun (厦大西村).
Xiamen and Taiwan are only separated by a channel, so it is very convenient and fast to travel between these two places. Here we’ve listed two common ways:
>>> By airplane: fast
There are many flights between Xiamen and cities in Taiwan, such as Taipei, Gaoxiong, and Taizhong.
>>> By cruise ship: cheap, only two cities in Taiwan available (Jilong and Taizhong)
1. Take a taxi to Xiamen International Cruise Center.
2. Buy a ship ticket to Jilong/Taizhong, Taiwan.
To Wuyishan Mountain
Wuyishan Mountain is between Fujian Province and Jiangxi Province. The mountain chain in Fujian Province is in Wuyishan City, and we recommend you go to Wuyishan Mountain from Xiamen Railway Station by taking a train:
1. Take a train from Xiamen Railway Station to Wuyishan East Railway (武夷山东) Station.
2. Take a taxi to Wuyishan Mountain: It is about 34 kilometers and takes about 50 minutes.
3. Take a bus to Wiyishan Mountain: Take Wuyishan K1 from Wuyishan East Railway Station, and get off at Scenic Spot South Exit Stop (景区南入口站 ).
To Yongding Earth Building
Yongding Hakka Earth Building is located in Longyan City, Fujian. There are two ways of getting there from Xiamen Railway Station:
Yongding Hakka Earth Building
>>> By long-distance coach (recommended): Take a coach directly to Yongding Earth Building Coach Station. You just need to walk a couple of minutes to get Yongding Hakka Earth Building Site.
>>> By high/normal-speed train:
1. Take a train from Xiamen Railway Station to Longyan Railway Station (龙岩站). There are four D bullet trains and four K normal-speed trains to choose from.
2. After getting off the train, take a coach/taxi to reach Yongding Earth Building, about 87 kilometers.
Not exactly the route information you want? Why not let us plan your route for free! Use our China Train Booking app and send us a FAQ now. During working hours, your question will be answered within 2 hours.
Hotels Near Xiamen Railway Station
- Starred hotels:
- Hilton Xiamen (Chinese: 厦门磐基希尔顿酒店): only 800 meters from the train station; outdoor swimming poor and garden; transport between train station/airport; gym; spa; sauna; etc.
- Grand Mercure Xiamen Downtown (Chinese: 厦门凯裕美爵酒店): 1.4 kilometers from the train station; transportation between the train station/airport; gym; snooker room; KTV; etc.
- Budget hotels:
- Ibis Hotel (Xiamen Railway Station): only 200 meters from the train station; close to many shopping malls such as Paris Spring and Wal-Mart; has a Cafe and a Chinese restaurant; etc.
- Wanghui Hotel (Chinese: 厦门旺辉酒店): 1.6 kilometers from the train station; close to Robinsons Shopping Mall; has both Chinese and western restaurants; etc.
Booking Train Tickets to Xiamen
Xiamen is a travel destination for all seasons, offering the benefits of its subtropical marine climate. Book your tickets now using our China Train Booking app to start your own trip to the seaside. Tickets will be issued within 3 minutes, and delivered right to your hotel/domicile!