There are two mainly use station in Nanning City: Nanning Railway Station and Nanning East Railway Station. Nanning Railway Station is an old station located in the city center.
Bullet train at Pingyao Gucheng Railway Station
- Name in Chinese: 南宁东站, nan ning dong zhan
- Station address: Qingxiu District
- Address: Fengling North Road, Qingxiu District 青秀区凤岭北路北侧
- Station size: 13 platforms, 30 lines
- Nearby transportation: bus, subway, taxi, airport express
Popular Trains to/from Nanning East Railway Station
- Nanning East – Guangzhou: There are over 40 high-speed trains operating between Nanning East Railway Station and Guangzhou South Railway Station daily. They take about 4 hours and cost 169 yuan per second-class seat.
- Nanning East – Guilin: There are over 40 high-speed trains operating between Nanning East Railway Station and Guilin/Guilin North Railway Station daily. They take about 2 hours and cost 124.5–127 yuan per second-class seat.
- Nanning East – Beijing: There are 4 trains operating between Nanning East Railway Station and Beijing West Railway Station daily from around 09:00. For high-speed trains, they take about 13 hours and cost about 900 yuan per second-class seat.
- Nanning East – Shenzhen: There are three high-speed trains operating between Nanning East Railway Station and Shenzhen North Railway Station. They take about 4 hours and cost 243.5 yuan per second-class seat.
- Nanning East – Shanghai: There are two trains (one high-speed and one normal-speed train) operating between Nanning East Railway Station and Shanghai South / Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station. For the high-speed train, it takes about 12 hours and cost 784.5 yuan per second-class seat.
The city of Guilin
Check all the China train schedules on China Train Booking app.
The Layout of Nanning East Railway Station
Nanning East Railway Station has a main building and two station squares.
There are five main floors in the main building:
- F1: entrances, security checks, ticket machines (only for Chinese people)
- F2: ticket windows, waiting hall, toilets, free drinking water, convenience stores, bookstore
- F3 (stilt floor): chain restaurants, such as KFC, Subway, and McDonald's
- B1 (Basement 1): arrival floor, chain restaurants, signs leading to the subway station and bus stations, bus stations, exits, subway
- B2 (Basement 2): subway
The open-design waiting hall
The two station squares are North Square and South Square. There are taxis waiting along the road beside the squares.
Collect Tickets and Board Trains in Nanning East Railway Station
The ticket windows in Nanning East Railway Station
- Enter the main building and go to F2.
- Line up in front of a ticket window and collect your ticket(s) that you booked online.
- Find the specified waiting area on F2 and wait to board. (How to find the right place to wait?)
Transportation Around Nanning East Railway Station
The subway station is located on B2 and it serves Metro Line 1.
You can take Metro Line 1 to reach: ASEAN CBD, Wanxiangcheng, Nanning International Convention and Exhibition Center, Nanhu, Chaoyang Square, Nanning Railway Station, Guangxi University, and Guangxi University for Nationalities.
The bus stations are on B1. There are many signs leading you to different bus stations.
- Location: in South Square
- Available line: Express Line 4
- Opening times: 10:30am to 7pm
- Ticket fare: 20 yuan
There is a taxi stand inside the station — you can follow the signs to get there.
Alternatively, you can walk out of the station to go to North Square or South Square. There are taxis waiting along the road and they are cheaper than those inside the station.
Getting to Other Places from Nanning East Railway Station
To Nanning Railway Station, 13.8 Kilometers
>>> By Subway: Line 1, 14 Stops
- Take Metro Line 1 at Nanning East Railway Station and get off at Nanning Railway Station (火车站).
- Leave the station from Exit D. This whole journey takes about 35 minutes.
>>> By Taxi
It takes about 40 minutes and costs about 50 yuan.
To Nanning Wuxu International Airport, 47 Kilometers
>>> By Airport Express: Line 4, Two Stops
- Go to the airport express stop at Nanning East Railway Station to take the airport express.
- Get off at T2 of Nanning Wuxu International Airport (南宁吴圩国际机场t2航站楼站). This whole journey takes about 1 hour and 40 minutes.
>>> By Taxi
It takes about 1 hour and costs about 140 yuan.
To Qingxiu Mountain Scenic Area, 15.7 Kilometers
Qingxiu Mountain Scenic Area, Nanning
>>> Metro Line 1 → Bus 121
- Take Metro Line 1 and get off at the stop for Wanxiangcheng (万象城).
- Leave the subway station from Exit B.
- Take bus 121 at Qingxiu Minzu Crossing (青秀民族路口) bus stop and get off at Fengling South Qingxiu Crossing (凤岭南青秀路口).
- Walk about 1.6 kilometers to reach the park. This whole journey takes about 1 hour.
>>> By Taxi
It takes about 25 minutes and costs about 50 yuan.
Book Train Tickets to Nanning
To find out about the methods you can use to book a China train ticket, please read How to Buy a China Train Ticket . Alternatively, you can simply use our China Train Booking app to get your train ticket(s) within 3 minutes!
You might be also interested in reading: