Harbin Railway Station
Harbin is the capital city of Heilongjiang Province (黑龙江省), which is the northernmost part in China. In the coldest months, January and February, the average temperature in Harbin is -25℃.
Harbin Railway Station is in the city center. It was built in 1899, when it first came into use. Covering a total area of 2,400,000 square meters, it is a landmark of the city. It’s about 212 kilometers from Yabuli (亚布力) Ski Resort and 3 kilometers from St. Sophia Cathedral.
- Name in Chinese: 哈尔滨站, Hāěrbīn Zhàn
- Address: No. 1 Railway Street, Nangang District
- Address in Chinese: 南岗区铁路街1号
- Station size: 7 platforms, 13 lines
- Nearby transport: buses, taxis, subways
Harbin Railway Station Map
Harin Raiway Station is in Nangang District, which is in Harbin’s city center. It's only 2 kilometers far away from Saint Sophia Cathedral and Central Avenue.
You can use our China Train Booking app for free, to check the online Harbin map on your smart phone.
Popular Trains to/from Xiamen Railway Station
International Train Routes
- Harbin–Russia: K19 is the international train from Harbin to Russia. It passes through many major railway stations in Russia, such as Zabaikalsk, Novosibirsk, and the terminus station Moscow.
- Harbin–Vladivostok: There are no trains from Harbin to Vladivostok, but you can get there by coach from Nangang Coach Station which we will give its information below.
(The route of K19 train)
For international trains, tickets can’t be booked online. You can buy them at your departure station or book them through our China Train Booking app.
Domestic Train Routes
- Harbin–Yabuli (Yabuli Ski Resort): There are no direct trains from Harbin to Yabuli, but you can transfer at Harbin East Railway Station. It only takes about 2½ hours and costs 37.5 yuan for a hard-seat ticket.
- Harbin–Beijing: There are 3 normal-speed trains and 2 high-speed trains a day running from Harbin to Beijing Railway Station . The journey takes about 8-10 hours and costs 313.5 yuan per second-class seat on the high-speed train, 261.5 yuan per hard-sleeper ticket on the normal-speed train.
- Harbin–Shenyang: 2 high-speed trains a day run from Harbin to Shenyang Railway Station. The journey takes about 20 hours and costs about 310.5 yuan per hard sleeper ticket.
- Harbin–Changchun: There are 3 high-speed trains available. The journey takes about 8 hours and costs around 163 yuan for a hard-sleeper ticket.
- Harbin–Guangzhou: There are no direct trains from Harbin to Guangzhou, but you can transfer at Harbin West Railway Station.
- Harbin–Shanghai: There are no direct trains from Harbin to Shanghai, but you can transfer at Harbin West Railway Station.
Yabuli Ski Resort
Check more Harbin train schedules and book tickets on our China Train Booking app.
The Layout of Harbin Railway Station
There are two terminals and two squares at Harbin Railway Station (north and south), but the south terminal building and south square are still under construction, and are projected to be ready for operation in 2019.
The north terminal is a two-floor building with a clock at the top. Below is a list of detailed functions of each floor:
- F2: waiting area, water fountains, commercial area (restaurants, toilets, specialty stores)
- F1: platforms, ticket offices, service desk, police, security check area, restaurants, ATM, commercial area (restaurants, toilets, specialty stores), water fountains, luggage storage service
- B1: ticket office, taxi stands
- B2: arrivals hall
Collecting Tickets and Boarding Trains at Harbin Railway Station
There are 3 ticket offices, and 40 ticket windows at Harbin Railway Station. Please arrive at the station to collect your tickets an hour before departure.
- Find the ticket hall beside the entrance gate on F1 or B1.
- Collect the ticket(s) you booked online.
- After collecting your paper ticket(s), you need to pass through the security check before entering the main hall.
- Go to the waiting area on F2 to have a rest before boarding your train.
Read this information on How to Board Trains in China .
What to Eat at Harbin Railway Station
Traditional Harbin cuisine: fried pork in scoop
Available restaurants or shops: Dicos, Jiana Russia Bakery (Chinese: 俄罗斯嘉娜烘焙), Harbin Dingfeng Restaurant (Chinese: 哈尔滨老鼎丰, selling local Harbin fare, such as red Chinese sausages and soft pretzels), Noodle Restaurant, Jixiang Wonton (Chinese:吉祥馄饨)
Transport Around Harbin Railway Station
- Available metro line: No. 1
- Operating times: 06:00 to 21:00 daily
If you want to leave by subway from Harbin Railway Station, you can go to the nearest subway stop, Museum stop (博物馆站), 1 kilometer from the station.
Passengers can take a bus at the north square. There are many buses passing by Harbin Railway Station, since it is in the city center.
Available buses: 2, 6, 7, 13, 14, 16, 21, 28, 32, 47, 64, 74, 81, 94, 96, 98, 101, 103, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 115, 118
- Bus 2: to Harbin Flood Prevention Cenotaph (哈尔滨防洪纪念碑)
- Bus 6: to Harbin East Railway Station
- Bus 7: to Harbin Museum (哈尔滨博物馆)
- Bus 13: to Zhaolin Street (Saint Sophia Cathedral, 兆麟街)
- Bus 47: to Harbin Central Avenue (哈尔滨中央大街)
- Bus 64: to Harbin Institute of Technology (哈尔滨工业大学)
- Bus 109: to Culture Street (文化街)
(Saint Sophia Cathedral and Central Avenue)
Starting price: 9 yuan
Taxi stands are set up on B1 of Harbin Railway Station. To leave the station by taxi, please follow the signs to get there. When arriving by taxi at Harbin Railway Station, passengers will be dropped off in front of the north square.
Airport Express Coach
If you want to go to Taiping International Airport from Harbin Railway Station, you can first go to Tianzhu Hotel (Chinese: 天竹宾馆), opposite the station. Simply go there and purchase a ticket for the airport. The price is 20 yuan, and the travel time is about an hour.
Getting to Other Places from Harbin Railway Station
To Harbin West Railway Station, 8 Kilometers
Harbin West Railway Station is in Nangang District (南岗区).
>>> By taxi: The journey takes 18 minutes and costs about 15 yuan.
>>> By bus, 20 stops
1. Take bus No. 64 at Harbin Railway Station, and get off at the Harbin West Coach stop (哈西长途客运站).
2. Walk about 450 meters along Harbin Avenue.
The journey takes about 53 minutes and costs 1 yuan.
To Harbin East Railway Station, 11 Kilometers
>>> By taxi: The journey takes 35 minutes and costs about 20 yuan.
>>> By bus, 11 stops
Take bus No. 6 at Harbin Railway Station, and get off at the Harbin East Railway Station stop.
The journey takes about 38 minutes and costs 1 yuan.
To Harbin Nangang Coach Station, 80 Meters
Harbin Nangang Coach Station is opposite the railway station.
Passengers can go to Mudanjiang (牡丹江), Daqing, Jilin (吉林), Changchun (长春) and even Vladivostok, Russia by coach.
To Harbin Taiping International Airport, 40 Kilometers
>>> By taxi: The journey takes 47 minutes and costs about 96 yuan.
>>> By Airport Express Coach
Take the Airport Express Coach at Tianzhu Hotel (opposite Harbin Railway Station), and get off at Taiping International Airport Railway Station stop.
This journey takes about 1 hour and costs 20 yuan.
To Harbin Ice and Snow World, 10 Kilometers
Harbin Ice and Snow World
The opening ceremony date for the 2019 Harbin China Ice Festival is 5th January. All the attractions will be made of ice and snow. Travelers can enjoy many exciting activities, such as ice dragon boats and ice slides.
>>> By taxi: The journey takes 24 minutes and costs about 20 yuan.
>>> By bus, 11 stops
Take bus No. 47 at Harbin Railway Station, and get off at the Ice and Snow World (冰雪大世界) stop.
This journey takes about 1 hour and costs 2 yuan.
To Harbin Opera House, 3 Kilometers
>>> By taxi: The journey takes 13 minutes and costs about 9 yuan.
>>> By bus, 11 stops
Take bus No. 94/98 at Harbin Railway Station, and get off at the Children’s Hospital (儿童医院).
This journey takes about 26 minutes and costs 2 yuan.
If you have any questions about travelling around Harbin, you are always welcome to send them to us via China Train Booking app. We will inform you of the best way to travel, along with free travel tips.
Booking Train Tickets to Harbin
Want to explore the beauty of the Ice World? Why not book your train tickets to Harbin now via the China Train Booking app.
Since winter is the peak tourist season in Harbin, we advise you to book train tickets there at least 30 days before your departure date. You can check the map of Harbin Railway Stations on your mobile phone via the China Train Booking app.