Urumqi railway staion
Urumqi Railway Station is the largest comprehensive transportation hub and railway passenger transport distribution center in Xinjiang Province. It is also the western end of the Lanxin high-speed railway.
It operates high speed trains or normal speed trains to Lanzhou, Xi’an, Turpan, and Xining, and normal-speed trains to Beijing, Shanghai.
- Name in Chinese: 乌鲁木齐站
- Urumqi Railway Station Address: No. 1, North 6th Gaotie Road, Economic and Technological Development Zone, Urumqi
- Address in Chinese: 乌鲁木齐市经济技术开发区高铁北六路1号
- Station size: nine platforms, eighteen lines
- Nearby transportation: buses, taxis, subway
- E-ticket Service: yes
- Station Telephone: 0991-12306
Furthermore, Urumqi has 2 railway stations. One is Urumqi Railway Station and the other one is Urumqi South Railway Station. South Railway is in Shayi Bake District(沙依巴克区), which is only 10 kilometers from Urumqi Railway Station.
Urumqi is a popular tourist city in the west of China. Many foreigners from Central Asia like to come here. It has beautiful natural scenery. The Tianshan Mountains are dotted with alpine snow and ice landscapes, mountainous forest landscapes and grassland landscapes, which provide rich contents for tourists' sightseeing and exploration. The culture and art of various nationalities constitute the tourist cultural landscape with national characteristics.Xinjiang International Bazaar, Xinjiang Minjie, Erdaoqiao Ethnic customs street and other scenic spots with strong Xinjiang folk customs, renowned at home and abroad.
Urumqi Railway Station Map
Urumqi Railway Station is in Economic and Technological Development Zone.
Check the below online map now.
Check online Chinese map by using our China Train Booking app.
Popular Trains from Urumqi Railway Station
- Urumqi-Beijing: There are 2 normal-speed trains run from Urumqi Railway Station to Beijing West Railway Stationeach day. The journey takes about 30 hours and costs 536 yuan per hard-sleeper ticket.
- Urumqi-Xi’an: Over 10 normal-speed trains run from Urumqi Railway Station to Xi'an Railway Station.The journey takes about 27 hours and costs 463.5 yuan per hard-sleeper ticket.
- Urumqi-Lanzhou: There are 4 high-speed trains from Urumqi Railway Station to Lanzhou West Railway Station. The journey takes about 11 hours and costs 551 yuan per second-class ticket.
- Urumqi-Turpan: Over 10 high-speed trains head to Turpan North Railway Station from Zhuhai Railway Station. The journey takes about 4 hours and costs 235 yuan for a second-class seat ticket.
- Urumqi-Xining: There are 4 high-speed trains to Xining Railway Station from Urumqi Railway Station. The duration is 9.5 hours and costs 493 yuan for a second-class seat ticket.
Layout of Urumqi Railway Station
Urumqi railway station consists of a three-floor main hall and two station squares, the north square and south square.
Below are the Second floor of Urumqi Railway Station
F2: waiting area, service desk, check points, toilets, hot drinking water, supermarket
F1: platform, ticket windows
B1: arrival floor
north square: bus stations, toilets, taxi stands, long-distance bus station
south square: bus stops
What to Eat in Urumqi Railway Station
There are very few restaurants in Urumqi. However, Xinjiang is famous for its delicious foods. Xinjiang is an area with many ethnic minorities, and most of them are Muslim restaurants. If you have enough time, I strongly advise you to explore Xinjiang flavors. Here are some typical and famous foods in Xinjiang. Such as mutton shashlik(羊肉串), Dapanji(大盘鸡), Xinjiang Bread(馕)…
Urumqi is located in northwest China, central Xinjiang province, bordering Turpan city in the east and Changji(昌吉) city in the west.
Urumqi is the city farthest from the ocean in the world. It has a temperate continental dry climate. The hottest months are July and August, with an average temperature of 25.7℃. The coldest is January, with an average temperature of -15.2℃.
Transports Around Urumqi Railway Station
Available buses: K2, K3, 909, 301, 5302, 5305, BRT 5, airport express line
Price: 1-3 yuan
Location: north and south squares
The location of the taxi stand: north square
Starting price: 8 yuan
There is only one subway line in operation. You can check the below picture to see the detailed information.
Getting to Other Places from Urumqi Railway Station
How to Get to Urumqi South Railway Station
- Total distance: 10 kilometers
>>> By bus
Take bus K3 at Urumqi Railway Station, and get off at Urumqi South Railway Station.
This journey takes about 42 minutes and costs 3 yuan.
>>>By taxi: The journey takes 15 minutes and costs about 20 yuan.
How to Get to Urumqi Diwopu International Airport
Urumqi Diwopu International Airport
Total distance: 15 kilometers
>>> By airport shuttle bus
Take the airport shuttle bus at Urumqi Railway Station and get off at Urumqi Diwopu International Airport.
This journey takes about 30 minutes and costs 25 yuan.
>>>By taxi: The journey takes 20 minutes and costs about 26 yuan.
How to Get to International Grand Bazaar
- Total distance: 16 kilometers
>>> By bus
Take bus 301 at Urumqi Railway Station, and get off at Erdao Bridge(二道桥).
This journey takes about 1 hour 10 minutes and costs 3 yuan.
>>>By taxi: The journey takes 25 minutes and costs about 28 yuan.
Booking Your Train Tickets
You are always welcome to use our China Train Booking app to get your tickets within 3 minutes. We will make the process of booking a train ticket quite easy for you. Payment is also safe and convenient via credit card, PayPal, WeChat, and Alipay.