Yangzhou Railway Station is located in Yangzhou City, Jiangsu Province, China, Hanjiang District. It is a second-class Station under the jurisdiction of China Railway Shanghai Bureau Group Co., Ltd., and the intermediate Station of Nanjing and Qidong Railway Line.
Yangzhou station started construction in 2003 and was completed in March 2004.On April 18, 2004, Yangzhou Station was officially put into use. In May 2016, high-speed trains were officially put into operation at Yangzhou Railway Station. Yangzhou Station has a construction area of 20240.8 square meters, with a station scale of 3 platforms and 7 lines.
Yangzhou Railway Station extends a huge railway space for the integration of Yangzhou with southern Jiangsu, Shanghai and Yangtze River Delta, and shortens the space and time distance between Yangzhou and southern Jiangsu, Shanghai and Yangtze River Delta.
- Name in Chinese: 扬州站
- Shijiazhuang Railway Station Address: the intersection of Wenchang West Road and Zhannan Road, Hanjiang District
- Address in Chinese: 江苏省扬州市邗江区文昌西路与站南路交汇处
- Station size: three platforms, seven lines
- Nearby transportation: buses, taxis
- E-ticket Service: yes
- Station Telephone: 0514-12306
Yangzhou, a prefecture-level city in Jiangsu Province, is a winning city of the United Nations Human Habitat Award, a famous national historical and cultural city, a famous hot spring city in China, and one of the eight world heritage cities applied for the China Sea Silk Road. It is the water source of the eastern route of the South-to-North Water Diversion Project, and enjoys the reputation of "the first canal city in China". There are some famous tourist attractions such as Lean West Lake, Yucheng Yi, Ge Garden.
Yangzhou Railway Station Map
Yangzhou Railway Station is in Hanjiang District (邗江区).
Check the below online map now.
Check online Chinese map by using our China Train Booking app.
Popular Trains to Yangzhou Railway Station
- Nanjing to Yangzhou: More than 15 high-speed trains run from Nanjing Railway Station to Yangzhou Railway Station each day. The journey takes about 1 hour and costs 37.5 yuan per second-class ticket.
- Hangzhou to Yangzhou:There are 2 high-speed trains run from Hangzhou East Railway Station to Yangzhou Railway Station each day. The journey takes about 4 hours and costs 202 yuan per second-class ticket.
- Hefei to Yangzhou: About 5 high-speed trains head to Yangzhou Railway Station from Hefei Railway Station. The journey takes about 1.5 hours and costs 147 yuan for a seat ticket.
- Shanghai to Yangzhou: About 10 high-speed trains from Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Stationto Yangzhou Railway Station. The journey takes about 3 hours and costs second-class ticket.
Layout of Yangzhou Railway Station
Yangzhou Railway Station is not a big railway station, it is made up of a two-floor main building and a front square.
F2: ticket office, waiting area, shops, toilet, hot drinking water
F1: security check, waiting area, service desk, shops, platform, China Railway Express
Below is the layout of Yangzhou Railway Station, click the map to see a larger map:
What to Eat in Yangzhou Railway Station
yangzhou fried rice
Because Yangzhou Railway Station is not a big station, there are few restaurants at there. So we recommend you to find some local restaurants outside the railway station.
Yangzhou is the birthplace of Huaiyang Cuisine, one of the four major cuisines in China. Since the Six Dynasties, it has a history of one thousand years and has more than 100 varieties. Famous snacks range from meat to sweet and salty, with different shapes. Here are some typical and famous dishes and snacks in Yangzhou, such as Yangzhou Fried Rice, Pork Balls with Crab Sauce, Yangzhou Soup Steamed Stuffed Bun…
Yangzhou City is Located in the middle of Jiangsu Province, it is located on the north bank of the Yangtze River and the southern end of the Jianghuai Plain. Yangzhou City belongs to the subtropical monsoon humid climate. The main characteristics of the climate is four distinct seasons, sufficient sunshine, abundant rainfall, the prevailing wind direction has obvious seasonal changes.
Transports Around Yangzhou Railway Station
Available buses: ：1, 13, 16, 18, 22, 26, 33, 43, 71, 77, 88, 101, tourist special bus line
Price: 1-3 yuan
The location of the taxi stand: B2
Starting price: 8 yuan
Follow those indicators at Yangzhou Railway Station, you will find the taxi stands easily.
Getting to Other Places from Yangzhou Railway Station
How to Get to Yangzhou East Railway Station
- Total distance: 20 kilometers
>>> By bus
Take bus 71 at Yangzhou Railway Station, and get off at Yangzhou East Railway Station.
This journey takes about 1 hour 20 minutes and costs 2 yuan.
>>>By taxi: The journey takes 50 minutes and costs about 45 yuan.
How to Get to Slender West Lake
Slender West Lake
Total distance: 11 kilometers
>>> By bus
Take bus 1 at Yangzhou Railway Station, and get off at Yangzhou Normal College.
This journey takes about 1 hour and costs 2 yuan.
>>>By taxi: The journey takes 20 minutes and costs about 30 yuan.
How to Get to Yangzhou Taizhou International Airport
- Total distance: 53 kilometers
>>> By bus →airport shuttle bus
- Take bus 26/88 at Yangzhou Railway Station, and get off at Lianzheng Square.
- Take airport shuttle bus Yangzhou line at Lianzheng Square and get off at Yangzhou Taizhou International Airport.
This journey takes about 2 hours and costs 32 yuan.
>>>By taxi: The journey takes 38 minutes and costs about 60 yuan.
Booking Your Train Tickets
You are always welcome to use our China Train Booking app to get your tickets within 3 minutes. We will make the process of booking a train ticket quite easy for you. Payment is also safe and convenient via credit card, PayPal, WeChat, and Alipay.