Nanjing Railway Station
Nanjing Railway Station is in Xuanwu District, which is just 7 kilometers from the city center and 49 kilometers from Nanjing Lukou International Airport.
As the junction of Beijing–Shanghai, Shanghai–Ningbo, and Xi’an–Nanjing railways, the station currently operates both normal-speed and high-speed trains to major domestic cities, such as Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing, Hangzhou, and Xi’an.
- Station name in Chinese: 南京站, Nánjīng Zhàn
- Station address: 111 Ryongban Road, Xuanwu District, Nanjing
- Chinese address: 南京市玄武区龙蟠路111号
- Station size: 8 platforms, 16 lines
- Nearby transportation:buses, taxis, subways
Nanjing Railway Station Map
Check online Chinese map by using our China Train Booking app.
Popular Trains from Nanjing Railway Station
China High Speed Train
- Nanjing–Shanghai: Over 50 high-speed trains run from Nanjing to Shanghai Hongqiao / Shanghai Railway Station each day. The journey takes from 1 hour 49 minutes to 2 hours 18 minutes and costs 139.5 yuan per second-class seat.
- Nanjing–Beijing: Four high-speed trains run each day from Nanjing to Beijing Railway Station. The journey takes about 9½ minutes and costs about 233 yuan per second-class ticket.
- Nanjing - Hangzhou: There are five high-speed trains in service from Nanjing to Hangzhou East Railway Station. The journey takes about 4 hours and costs 167 yuan for a second-class seat ticket.
- Nanjing - Ningbo: There are four high-speed trains operating from Nanjing to Ningbo Railway Station daily. The journey takes about 5 hours and costs about 221 yuan for a second-class ticket.
- Nanjing – Hong Kong: There are no direct trains from Nanjing to Hong Kong but you can transfer at Hangzhou East Railway Station. There is only one high-speed train from Hangzhou East to Hong Kong West Kowloon Railway Station. It takes about 7½ hours and costs about 935 yuan for a second-class ticket.
Layout of Nanjing Railway Station
Nanjing Railway Station has a four-story main building and two front squares (north and south).
- F3: waiting rooms, toilets, specialty stores, restaurants, hot drinking water
- F2: waiting rooms, service desk, toilets, specialty stores, restaurants, hot drinking water
- F1: ticket offices, waiting rooms, luggage storage service, toilets, hot drinking water
- B1: subway station, transfer channel
Ticketing office at a Train Station
Collecting Tickets and Boarding Trains at Nanjing Railway Station
If you think the steps for collecting your paper ticket(s) are too troublesome, you can use our China Train Booking app to book a ticket delivery service. We will send the paper ticket(s) to your door!
What to Eat at Nanjing Railway Station
Pan fried pork bun
For Western-style food, you can find a McDonald's restaurant, KFC, and some coffee shops on F1.
For local Chinese food, there are some local chain restaurants in Nanjing Railway Station. You can taste food at Gll Wonton (吉祥馄饨) and try duck blood and bean-starch vermicelli soup, pan fried pork bun, special snacks and so on.
Transport Around Nanjing Railway Station
Passengers can take the city bus from both North Square and South Square.
North Square (east stop): G6, Y17, 36, 141, 206, 207, 208
North Square (west stop): 32, 64, 105, 510, 538
South Square (east stop): D8, Y8, Y11, Y34, 17, 59, 71, 97, 190, 309
South Square (west stop): D1, G6, Y1, Y11, Y15, Y19, 28, 32, 33, 45, 66, 69, 72, 73, 76, 315, 318, 501, 558
Here are some popular bus routes from Nanjing Railway Station to popular tourist attractions or famous places:
- Bus G6: to Qixia Temple (栖霞寺)
- Bus Y11: to Drum Tower Garden (鼓楼公园)
- Bus 17: to Ming Palace (明故宫)
- Bus 190: to Nanjing South Railway Station
- Bus 318: to Nanjing Confucius Temple
Starting price: 11 yuan
There are over 20,000 taxis in Nanjing. Passengers can take a taxi from B1 in North Square.
- Available metro lines: 1, 3
- Operating times: 05:42–23:19 (Line 1); 06:00–23:00 (Line 3)
- Metro Line 1: to Nanjing South Railway Station, the city center — Xinjiekou (新街口), Jiangning Campus City (江宁大学城)
- Metro Line 3: to Daxing Palace, Nanjing Confucius Temple, Nanjing South Railway Station
Getting to Other Places from Nanjing Railway Station
To Nanjing South Railway Station, 17 Kilometers
>>> By subway: Metro Line 1, 13 stops in total
Take Metro Line 1 at Nanjing Railway Station and get off at Nanjing South Railway Station. The duration is about 35 minutes and it costs 3 yuan.
>>> By taxi: The journey takes 44 minutes and costs about 40 yuan.
To Nanjing Lukou International Airport, 49 Kilometers
>>>By subway: Metro Line 1 → Metro Line S1 (airport line), 20 stops in total
1. Take Metro Line 1 at Nanjing Railway Station and get off after 13 stops at Nanjing South Railway Station.
2. Take an internal transfer at Metro Line S1 and get off after seven stops at Lukou (禄口) Station (leave from the southeast exit).
This journey takes 1 hour 16 minutes and costs 8 yuan.
>>>By airport shuttle bus 1: The journey takes 56 minutes and costs about 20 yuan.
>>>By taxi: The journey takes 43 minutes and costs about 147 yuan.
To Nanjing Confucius Temple (the Qinhuai River), 10 Kilometers
Nanjing Confucius Temple
>>>By subway: Metro Line 3, 6 stops in total
Take Metro Line 3 at Nanjing Railway Station and get off at Confucius Temple Station (夫子庙) (leave from Exit 4).
The duration is about 30 minutes and it costs 2 yuan.
>>>By taxi: The journey takes 25 minutes and costs about 30 yuan.
To Nanjing Xuanwu Lake (玄武湖), 3 Kilometers
>>>By subway: Metro Line 1, 2 stops in total
Take Metro Line 1 at Nanjing Railway Station and get off at Xuanwu Gate.
The duration is about 15 minutes and it costs 2 yuan.
>>>By taxi: The journey takes 11 minutes and costs about 29 yuan.
Booking Your Train Tickets
If you want to know how to book Chinese train tickets, please read How to Buy a Chinese Train Ticket.
You can also use our China Train Booking app to get your tickets within 3 minutes. We will make the process of booking a train ticket quite easy for you. Payment is also safe and convenient via credit card, PayPal, WeChat, and Alipay.