Guangzhou Railway Station
Guangzhou Railway Station is one of the important railway stations in China. It is a big, old station in the west central city area, and has intercity trains operating to Shenzhen, Foshan, and Zhuhai.
There are also many normal-speed trains operating to Beijing, Shanghai, Changsha, Guilin, Wuhan, Lhasa, and so on.
- Station name in Chinese: 广州站, Guăng zhōu Zhàn
- Station address: 159 Huanshi West Road, Yuexiu District (广州市越秀区环市西路159号)
- Chinese address: 南京市玄武区龙蟠路111号
- Station size: seven platforms, seven lines
- Nearby transportation:buses, taxis, subway trains
Guangzhou Railway Station Map
Check online Chinese map by using our China Train Booking app.
Popular Trains from Guangzhou Railway Station
- Guangzhou–Shanghai: Three normal-speed trains run from Guangzhou Railway Station to Shanghai South Railway Station each day. The journey takes from 18 to 23 hours and costs 343 yuan per hard sleeper ticket.
- Guangzhou–Beijing: Three normal-speed trains run each day from Guangzhou Railway Station to Beijing West Railway Station. The journey takes about 23 hours and costs about 426 yuan per hard sleeper ticket.
- Guangzhou–Shenzhen: There are 15 high-speed trains in service from Guangzhou Railway Station to Shenzhen Railway Station. The journey takes about 1½ hours and costs 79.5 yuan for a second-class seat ticket.
- Guangzhou–Xi'an: There are eight normal-speed trains operating from Guangzhou Railway Station to Xi'an Railway Station daily. The journey takes from 21 to 30 hours and costs about 399 yuan for a hard sleeper ticket.
- Guangzhou–Hong Kong: There are no direct trains from Guangzhou Railway Station to Hong Kong but you can transfer at Guangzhou South Railway Station or Guangzhou East Railway Station.
The Layout of Guangzhou Railway Station
Guangzhou Railway Station has a two-story main building and one front square.
Below are First floor and Second floor of Guangzhou Railway Station
- F2: waiting rooms, service desk, toilets, specialty stores, restaurants, hot drinking water
- F1: ticket offices, waiting rooms, luggage storage service(行李政策), shops, toilets, hot drinking water, transfer tunnel
What to Eat at Guangzhou Railway Station
Guangdong gourmet food: steamed vermicelli roll
As you probably already know, Guangzhou is considered to be a gourmet's paradise. Even though there are few restaurants in Guangzhou Railway Station, you can still taste some of Guangzhou's special flavors there.
For Western-style food, you can find a KFC restaurant on F1.
For local Guangdong food, you can try some fast-food at Three Meals a Day (一日三餐) and Kung Fu Restaurant(真功夫). Even though the food won't be quite as refined, you can still enjoy some tasty Cantonese cuisine.
Transport Around Guangzhou Railway Station
Location: the east side of the square
Available buses: 30, 31, 52, 180, 201, 210, 211, 228, 254, 256, 257, 275A, 275, 301A, 529, 550, 556, 803, 805, 807, 840, 862
Night buses: 7, 8, 11, 14, 15, 18, 25, 41, 55, 77, 79, 94, 96
Here are some popular bus routes from Guangzhou Railway Station to popular tourist attractions or famous places:
- Bus 31: to Yuexiu Park (越秀公园)
- Bus 211: to Zhongshan University
- Bus 529: to Guangzhou Stadium
- Bus 30/ 862: to Guangzhou East Railway Station
- Bus 301A: to Guangzhou Olympic Park
Starting price: 12 yuan
As you leave Guangzhou Railway Station, follow the signs to reach the taxi stands. When going to Guangzhou Railway Station, you will be dropped off at the east side of the station.
- Available metro lines: 2, 5
- Operating times: 06:00–00:04 (Line 2); 06:15–00:10 (Line 5)
- Metro Line 2: to Yuexiu Park, Guangzhou South Railway Station, Haizhu Square
- Metro Line 5: to Guangzhou Zoo, Zhujiang New Town
Getting to Other Places from Guangzhou Railway Station
High- speed train at Guangzhou Railway Station
To Guangzhou South Railway Station, 23 Kilometers
>>> By subway: Metro Line 2, 15 stops in total
Take Metro Line 2 at Guangzhou Railway Station and get off at Guangzhou South Railway Station. The duration is about 40 minutes and it costs 6 yuan.
>>> By taxi: The journey takes 1 hour 20 minutes and costs about 66 yuan.
To Guangzhou East Railway Station, 12 Kilometers
Guangzhou East Railway Station is in Tianhe (天河) District. You can go to Hong Kong Hung Hom Railway Station from this station.
>>>By subway: Metro Line 2→ Metro Line 1, 10 stops in total
1. Take Metro Line 2 at Guangzhou Railway Station and get off after three stops at Gongyuan qian (公园前) Station.
2. Take an internal transfer at Metro Line 1 and get off after seven stops at Guangzhou East Railway Station.
This journey takes 30 minutes and costs 4 yuan.
>>>By taxi: The journey takes 27 minutes and costs about 30 yuan.
To Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, 30 Kilometers
>>>By subway: Metro Line 2 → Metro Line 3, 12 stops in total
1. Take Metro Line 5 at Guangzhou Railway Station and get off after seven stops at Zhujiang New Town Station.
2. Take an internal transfer at Metro Line 3 and get off after one stop at Canton Tower Station.
This journey takes 30 minutes and costs 4 yuan.
>>>By airport shuttle bus 1: The journey takes 1 hour 6 minutes and costs about 20 yuan.
>>>By taxi: The journey takes 43 minutes and costs about 81 yuan.
To Canton Tower, 11 Kilometers
Guangzhou Canton Tower
>>>By subway: Metro Line 5→ Metro Line 3, eight stops in total
Take Metro Line 1 at Nanjing Railway Station and get off at Xuanwu Gate.
The duration is about 15 minutes and it costs 2 yuan.
>>>By taxi: The journey takes 25 minutes and costs about 39 yuan.
Need more transfer information? Feel free to send us your transfer route via our China Train Booking app now!
Booking Your Train Tickets
Read How to Buy China Train Tickets to buy your ticket(s) to Guangzhou here!
We strongly advise you to use our service to the ticket(s):Fast: Tickets can be issued within 3 minutes.
Flexible: Call our hotline number and make changes to your train journey schedule(s).
Convenient: Choose our delivery service to have your ticket(s) delivered straight to your door.
Reliable: Payments are made safely and quickly online via PayPal, Alipay, and credit card.
User-friendly: Download our PDF instructions in case there is no network connection.